hi i am suryender i am plannin for ms/phd frm canada od uk now i am doing b.tech-m.tech integrated program in india can i get admission p.hd

hi i am doing b.tech-m.tech integrated want to pursue my phd or ms program from canada/us or ireland can i get admsn for dat what will be the procedure and wt will be the expenditure for one year when i need to proceed for this please guide me

0 31 Views | Posted 2011-10-08 22:59:39
Asked by suryender

  • 2 Answers

  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    shaban | Guide-Level 11

    2011-12-22 14:43:48
    Hi,In order to pursue Phd, from universities abroad, you need to first of all make a list of the universities that you aspire for, then send emails to respective course department, asking them to provide you the eligibility criteria and selection procedure for PHD students.It may take three to six years to complete your PHD, depending on the field you select and your mentor.The general eligibility criteria for PHD students are as follows:In majority of the institutes, Master's Degree is an essential pre-requisite for a Ph.D. It is important that you have good scores in common entrance tests such as GRE and English Language examinations lik... view more
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Nirmal Bhagat | Contributor-Level 7

    2011-10-09 10:51:43
    some universities may require that you have done 6 years of college ( 4+2) after finishing your schooling for granting you admission in P.hD, while some may only ask for a Master's degree. Kindly check with the admission requirement of the university where you are seeking admission.

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 71k Colleges
  • 833 Exams
  • 291k Reviews
  • 750k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post