hi i have finished my bds in india and wish to persue masters in public health in u.s. whats the procedure, duration o course and fees ?

0 85 Views | Posted 2011-09-12 19:12:12
Asked by shivika

  • 1 Answer

  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    shaban | Guide-Level 11

    2011-10-07 09:46:35
    Hi Shivika,
    US does not recognize a dental degree from India. The person must complete DDS from USA and be licensed through one of the boards (eastern, california, etc.) to be able to practice .Colleges which offer Advanced Standing Program (DDS/DMD) to foreign trained dentists require at least NDEB Part I. Most of the dental schools which offer this program require at least 83%.Foreign dental students can get into the Advanced Placement program of DDS wherein they join in the 2nd year of the program.
    Typically, yearly expenses are in the range of US $ 80,000 to one lakh dollar. So, a two year program will cost US $1,60,000 to US $200,00

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 61k Colleges
  • 949 Exams
  • 494k Reviews
  • 1300k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


This website uses Cookies and related technologies for the site to function correctly and securely, improve & personalise your browsing experience, analyse traffic, and support our marketing efforts and serve the Core Purpose. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post