I am a 2010 passout and currently working. Am planning to go to UK for my MS.Do we get work permits after completing the degree?

0 129 Views | Posted 2011-09-20 18:44:55
Asked by Varun

The question is closed for answering

  • 3 Answers

  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    DENNIS VASANTHAKUMAR PAUL Education Consultant | Guide-Level 12

    2011-09-27 19:15:06
    Earlier those who study in Uk were getting Post study work visa for two years. Now this route is totally closed with effect from 31,March,2012. Now only afte completing your studies if you want to extend the visa you should ahve a job with minimum of 20000 GBP per year. If you ahve ajob offer like that then you can apply for tier 2 visa. for three years or five years based on your job contract.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Mahesh | Contributor-Level 9

    2011-09-22 03:51:31
    Varun.As a UK resident, I will strongly advice you not to come to UK hoping that you will get a work permit. The current British Govt has removed almost all work permits that have been issued to students. Your only option is to find an employer in UK who can offer you a job after completing your studies.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    shaban | Guide-Level 11

    2011-09-21 09:46:03
    Hi Varun,
    In order to get the work permit, you need to have the employment offer and letter of sponsorship, from the employer in UK, until and unless you have these documents, you would not be able to get the work permit.
    Hope it helps you in the best way. Feel free to raise more queries, otherwise you may close the question by liking it or by marking it as the best answer.
    All the best!

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 61k Colleges
  • 929 Exams
  • 460k Reviews
  • 900k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post