I am a class 12th student with PCB & don't want to be a doctor. Can you suggest some other courses that I can pursue after 12th?

125 Followers | 15.3k Views | Posted 6 years ago

  • 118 Answers

    Sort by Upvotes
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Anuj Singh | Contributor-Level 8

    5 years ago
    You can check the below mentioned courses:1. BAMS (Ayurvedic).2. BHMS (Homoeopathy).3. BUMS (Unani).4. BDS.5. Bachelors of veterinary science and animal husbandry (B.VSc AH).6. Bachelor of naturopathy and yogic science (BNYS).7. Bachelor of physiotherapy.8. Integrated M.Sc.9. B.Sc nursing.10. B.Sc dairy technology.11. B.Sc home science.12. Bachelor of pharmacy.13. Biotechnology.14. BOT (Occupational therapy).15. General nursing.16. BMLT (Medical lab technology).17. Paramedical courses.18. B.Sc degree.19. BA.20. LLB (Bachelor of law).21. Education and teaching.22. Travel and tourism courses.23. Hotel management.24. Designing courses.25. Media/... view more
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Smridhi Bhambri Trying to give directions to aspirants . | Contributor-Level 7

    5 years ago
    A PCB student have many courses to do. You can go for:
    B.sc and M.Sc programmes
    B. Pharm (Specialisation also m. Pharm )
    D. pharm
    Biomedical engineering
    and many more.
    But, first of all, go for your interest.
    Good Luck
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    maleficent buragohain a beginner.... | Contributor-Level 8

    6 years ago
    degree course in biotechnology,you can pursue degree course in physiotherapy. or b.pharm, B.Sc forestry, B.Sc forensic Science, B.Sc in agriculture.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Maggie Peyton I am here to hear you

    5 years ago
    You can pursue B.Tech in biotechnology. It has good scope in upcoming years. Don’t go for B.Sc in agriculture because there is no water for farming.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Anjali yadav Confused..

    5 years ago
    You can be a good lecturer or a professor in any of the 3 subjects. You can pursue B.Sc followed by M.Sc.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Sandeep Kumar Sonu

    4 years ago
    You can chose your career as a microbiologist, or do pharmacy.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Dr Swastik Sahu Medical & Engineering Consultant | Scholar-Level 17

    6 years ago
    After 12th in PCB, other then being a doctor, you have many other options like B.Sc Biological Science, Nursing, Medical Science, Agriculture, BPharm, DPharm to do.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Mohit Kumar

    5 years ago
    B.Sc Nursing:
    Diploma courses in path labs technologies. There are many diploma courses in medical line. There are more diagnostic labs and test centres than hospitals.
    Eg. One who checks x-ray, blood tests, eye tests, ecg, etc.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Taslim Arif Btech student. Believe in social work | Contributor-Level 8

    5 years ago
    You have the following career options:
    1. B.Sc in forensic science
    2. B.Pharm
    3. B.Tech in biotechnology
    4. B.Tech in forensic science
    Best of luck.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Diwakar Goel Let there be light where it is dark!!🌞🌞 | Scholar-Level 16

    3 years ago
    Yes, with PCB, you can do:
    B.Sc in life sciences or environment Science or any core subject.
    IPM course from IIM very promising
    A BA in any subject from DU can also go for pharmacy, physiotherapy, Ayurveda which is BAMS though all these would be somehow a doctor only.

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 58k Colleges
  • 837 Exams
  • 358k Reviews
  • 750k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post