I am a dentist., currently practicing in india. i wanted to knw da procedure for a person with an indian b.d.s degree to practice in canada

plz lemme knw if i can work part time while studying for d.d.s. also what would be the approximate cost for the same

0 38 Views | Posted 2011-10-25 01:40:22
Asked by minnat

  • 2 Answers

  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    shaban | Guide-Level 11

    2011-10-25 12:26:57
    You can practice dentistry in Canada. Foreign-trained dentists like in India apart from education, licensure, or experience, you need to have the Canadian licence to practise dentistry in Canada. For this you should contact the Association of Canadian Faculties of Dentistry (ACFD). This career gives you many options to interact with people and helping them with their problem, you can open your own clinic, you can get into teaching, health care, community service, research etc.
    I hope this answers your query.
    If you like this answers, than please mark it as a Thumbs Up or rate it as a Best Answer.
    All the Best.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Narendran N V | Contributor-Level 6

    2011-10-25 12:14:42
    Dentists must be licensed to practise dentistry in Canada. Dental licensure is a provincial responsibility. Each province/territory has a dental regulatory authority/licensing body that establishes regulations and requirements for the licensure of general practitioners within their jurisdiction. There are fees for licensure and certification in each province that may change annually.To practise as a general dental practitioner in Canada, certification by the National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) is mandatory, except in Quebec.In most provinces, certification is also a mandatory component of licensure for out-of-province graduates, ... view more

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 71k Colleges
  • 833 Exams
  • 291k Reviews
  • 750k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post