I am in Xllth ,let me know for UPSC, B.Adegree 3yrs or B.A.LLB 5yrs(which is after 12th) which course frm two will help me score good marks

Currently i am in Xllth prepaing for my boards i'll appear for my exams in feb 2012, after my Xllth, want to know should i take admision for B.A. DEGREE 3yrs course or take admision for B.A.LLB 5yrs course (afterXll th) FROM Goverment law College,mumbai which completes your B.A with law studies.

0 124 Views | Posted 2011-10-05 12:21:46
Asked by shraddha

The question is closed for answering

  • 3 Answers

  • P

    Answered by

    Pooja Kohli | Guide-Level 11

    2011-10-08 00:08:21
    Hi Shraddha,
    As you are planning for Civil Services I would also suggest something similar to Govind ji, Whether or not you opt for BA Civil Services but yes you can definitely save on time by going for simple BA rather than going for BA LLB of 5 years this will save you on time and money both. Coming to civil service Examination, although you still have three years in hand but you can always start your preparation at early stages by concentrating on the subjects you are studying as later if you feel that you choose the same subjects, you would be in a better position to perform on those subjects.
    Hope this resolves your query. Feel free
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Govind Sharma HR, startup entrepreneurs, career blogger | Guide-Level 14

    2011-10-05 12:44:53
    Hi Shraddha,
    It is nice to hear that you are planning for Civil Services exam right away.
    both of the courses are good but I suggest when you have option to Study entire syllabus of civil services as graduation degree, why to waste time in other degree.
    Yes, in India, 2 universities offer BA (Civil Services). The syllabus completely focus on preparing students for Civil Services exam.
    The universities are:
    1. Kavi Kulguru Kalidas Sanskrit Vishwabidyalaya, Nagpur, Maharashtra
    2. Bharthidasan University, TamilNadu
    You should enroll there. It will save your lot of time and energy as thw whole 3 years you will study the subjects related to Civil
  • B

    Answered by

    Bhupesh | Contributor-Level 9

    2011-10-05 12:22:54
    If you are interested in law you should appear for CLAT and Join integrated course in law.

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 62k Colleges
  • 955 Exams
  • 573k Reviews
  • 1350k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


This website uses Cookies and related technologies for the site to function correctly and securely, improve & personalise your browsing experience, analyse traffic, and support our marketing efforts and serve the Core Purpose. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post