I completed my B.Tech in Biotech in 2007 and MS in Chemical Engg from IITB. I am interested to pursue my PhD in Europe, UK or Ireland

in Biomedical engg (Biomaterial, etc) .So please can u help me in this regard

0 67 Views | Posted 2011-09-15 22:23:12

  • 5 Answers

    Sort by Upvotes
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Aneeket Barua Manager (Product Operation)- Infoedge India Ltd. | Guide-Level 11

    2011-09-16 13:00:49
    Hi Rahul,
    To pursue PhD you need to first prepare your research proposal and send it to the university. The research proposal must include a summary and the proposal in detail. Also, you need to write reason for doing the research and how the research will be beneficial to the community and the university.
    Once the university accepts your proposal you will be asked to send in your documents after which you will get the offer letter. To approach a University you must contact the dean or the professor at the University and ask them if there is any research going on. Because its always not mentioned on the University's website whether the
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Fernando D Loyola

    2011-09-16 17:52:20
    Hi Ashwini,
    To start of with , direct Phd entries in any overseas universities would be a time consuming process. As you must be aware that , every research proposals has to be monitored by a Guide. So unless you're physically present in the location where you want to start up ur research , the it would either take a long time or your effort would go in vain.
    The best and an easy way would be picking up a research masters which leads to the doctorate in EU or UK in the area where you want to progress towards doctorate.
    Do mail me at fernando.loyola@belindaa.com if in case you need much more in detail in specific to your domain and area
  • A

    Answered by


    2011-09-16 17:12:23
    Hi Rahul, PhD in UK is self funding and it will cost you high. PhD will be for 2-3 yrs. to get an admission is not that easy. if you can provide me your email id then i can send yu the complete details regarding the same
  • S

    Answered by

    Sandra Jackson

    2011-09-16 17:03:08
    I wanna suggest that for this you can contact with www.optimaeducation.com , they are the abroad counseller from 2004
  • S

    Answered by

    sachin mandot

    2011-09-16 01:26:38
    well go ahead best of luck.

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 61k Colleges
  • 929 Exams
  • 461k Reviews
  • 900k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post