I had done M.Sc in Biotech now want to do PhD from abroad.tell me which test I should go for.GRE/TOEFL/IELTS

Dear Sir, I had done M.Sc in biotech and want to do PhD from a reputed lab in abroad but I am confused about the test (GRE/TOEFL/IELTS) for which I should appear so that can have more options for getting admission.Also tell me about the institutes in abroad where GATE/NET jrf qualified can apply

0 89 Views | Posted 2011-09-11 11:48:08
Asked by pinky

  • 1 Answer

  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Suryap2012 | Guide-Level 11

    2011-09-11 11:52:15
    Since it is a technical field, you need to appear for GRE. Best book for preparation is GRE Barrons or Official Guide. esides that generally all US universities ask for TOEFL scores. To the extent I know, all foreign universities accept only GRE Scores for technical degrees rather than GATE/JRF.

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 61k Colleges
  • 929 Exams
  • 462k Reviews
  • 900k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post