i have done degree in BBA (BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION) . Now i want to make my carrier in civil service i want to become an I.P.S

I want to become I.P.S officer i want to know the coaching centres and when i should apply....

0 66 Views | Posted 2011-09-14 19:42:49

  • 3 Answers

  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Manmeet Kaur | Guide-Level 12

    2011-09-16 15:52:38
    Hi, I am sending you links of institutes offering coaching regarding your desired course. Please refer to it. https://www.shiksha.com/search/index?keyword=IPS+coaching&location=all&searchType=course&cat_id=&countOffsetSearch=25&startOffSetSearch=0&subLocation=-1&cityId=-1&cType=-1&courseLevel=-1&subType=0&showCluster=-1&channelId=
    I am even sending you a link of an article.
    Hope these links will solve your query.Feel free to raise more questions otherwise you may close the question by likin
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Priya Saxena | Guide-Level 11

    2011-09-24 09:12:33
    Hi Joseph,
    It is really nice to see your career plan of writing civil services so to be an IPS officer. The minimum eligibility for this purpose is a graduate degree from a recognized university and with an age limit not exceeding 30 years.
    The exam is conducted in two phases: Preliminary test (CSAT) and Main Written Test.
    CSAT: It is an Objective type examination consisting of Two Papers that is common to all candidates from 2011 having special emphasis on testing their aptitude for civil services as well as on general knowledge.
    Main Exam.: Those who qualify the CSAT exam are shortlisted for the Main exam. It is a descriptive (essay typ
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Shrey Mathur

    2011-09-16 22:01:37
    To become an IPS, the only thing that matters is hardwork and dedication. As you have completed your BBA, you are eligible for the UPSC exam as the minimum eligibility is graduation.
    For your preparation, I would suggest you to join a good coaching institution and for self study you can refer to CSR, Pratiyogita Darpan, Manorama year book etc.
    All The Best!

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 61k Colleges
  • 933 Exams
  • 471k Reviews
  • 1100k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post