I have recently completed mbbs from india and wana do md in uk.can sm1 tell me wat r chances of getting job dere in uk only aftr degree

Ii completed my mbbs from punjab india and want to do my md from uk..tell me wat are The chances of getting job dere in uk only aftr completing my md as british governtment is making strict rules for doctors coming to uk from outside EU...and do they give stipends to students doing pg as in india

0 7.6k Views | Posted 2011-10-31 11:29:26
Asked by Doc

  • 2 Answers

  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    shiksha | Contributor-Level 10

    2011-10-31 15:08:45
    Hi,It is the General Medical Council (GMC) that regulates doctors and all doctors must be registered with the GMC before they can work in the UK.You need to have a registration with the GMC and to hold a licenced to practice.Doctors are required to renew their licence to practice periodically.Registration with the GMC is required if a doctor wishes to:1.Work as a doctor in the National Health Service (NHS) or in private practice.2.Prescribe drugs, the sale of which is restricted by law.3.Sign certificates required for statutory purposes (death certificates, etc).Please browse through the below mentioned web link, to get the detailed informat... view more
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    DENNIS VASANTHAKUMAR PAUL Education Consultant | Guide-Level 12

    2011-11-03 19:37:12
    You have to do your IELTS and FLAb 1 and FLAB II exam. IELTS and FLAB I you can do in India. For FLAB II you have to go to UK and write. Once you are through int hsi you can register as doctor in UK. However to do your MD , you need minimium three years of work expereince.

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 71k Colleges
  • 833 Exams
  • 291k Reviews
  • 750k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post