i want to do my phd in hamburg please give me a details. now i am doing my mtech

0 33 Views | Posted 2011-09-16 11:47:40
Asked by shruthi as

  • 1 Answer

  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Aneeket Barua Manager (Product Operation)- Infoedge India Ltd. | Guide-Level 11

    2011-09-16 12:15:56
    Hi Shruthi,
    Education in Germany is government funded so you may have to give a very minimal fee ranging between 140- 500 euros.
    The living expenses may cost upto 740 euros.
    In order to pursue your Phd. you need to submit your research topic along with the LOR to the relevant department for their consideration.
    For more details, I would request you to visit the nearest DAAD office. DAAD is officially authorized to provide information about education in Germany. They have offices in major cities in India.
    If possible go for a German language course as it will help you find a part time job. A student in Germany can work 90 f

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 61k Colleges
  • 952 Exams
  • 499k Reviews
  • 1300k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


This website uses Cookies and related technologies for the site to function correctly and securely, improve & personalise your browsing experience, analyse traffic, and support our marketing efforts and serve the Core Purpose. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post