my name is neha, and i have done msc. in microbioogy in 2009, now i want 2 go abroad for furthur studies on scholarship.

sir i hav gap of 2yrs in my study after msc. because of marriage. so did i pursue further for studies?

0 98 Views | Posted 2011-10-08 17:43:17
Asked by Neha Prasad

  • 3 Answers

  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    shaban | Guide-Level 11

    2011-10-24 12:22:23
    Find below some of the best universities in UK offering Phd in microbiology:
    Aberystwyth University.
    University of Dundee.
    University of Leicester.
    Scholarships are competitive and awarded to the most deserving students. At the graduate level you can get funding in the form of graduate assistantships where you work or research with professors. In exchange you may get your entire/partial tuition fees waived, and get a monthly stipend to cover your living expenses. Such awards are very competitive. Universities abroad consider various factors such as previous academi
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    DENNIS VASANTHAKUMAR PAUL Education Consultant | Guide-Level 12

    2011-10-18 18:08:23
    You can do one year MRes course in Microbilogy and then proceed to PhD if interested.
    It is one year research degree and it is easy to get admission with your master marks. You need IELTS 6.5 band. You can try in Nottingham University
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Mahesh | Contributor-Level 9

    2011-10-09 16:39:10
    Neha.The following universities in UK offer PhD in Microbiology with scholarship.
    1. University of Manchester
    2. Aberytswyth University
    3. University of Cambridge
    4. University of Dundee
    5. University of Leicester
    6. University of Nottingham
    7. University of Sheffied
    8. University of Southampton
    Please contact the Head of the Dept of the universities listed above for more details. Also, It does not matter if there is a two year gap. You can still get admission with scholarship if you meet the eligibility requirements. Give me a thumbs up if I have answered your question.

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 62k Colleges
  • 953 Exams
  • 568k Reviews
  • 1350k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


This website uses Cookies and related technologies for the site to function correctly and securely, improve & personalise your browsing experience, analyse traffic, and support our marketing efforts and serve the Core Purpose. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post