Which specialization in MBA will suit a professional working with the hospitality industry for seven years

hospitality and tourism will help me to grow if not thn what you suggest in which field should i go for.and i dont have much money so planning for distance mba so help me from where and how much it will cost me.Distance mba help me in getting placement in good org.sonu1ramesh@gmail.com pls reply

0 75 Views | Posted 2011-10-21 14:19:07

  • 4 Answers

    Sort by Upvotes
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Manmeet Kaur | Guide-Level 12

    2011-10-21 15:50:15
    Hi Ramesh, in today's time there is scope in almost all the fields. There are several specialties available in the MBA degree programs. You can obtain MBA degree to become a business executive, or you may want to work at a supervisory level. Most schools offer full-time courses of study based on the students needs, programs are available in a part-time, executive and distance format which is an asset for the students who are trying to advance or get promoted at their current employment place. For your query regarding fee structure, course details, etc I would suggest you to contact the institute officials personally as such details differs fr... view more
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Ms.Jenny John | Contributor-Level 7

    2011-10-21 15:36:21
    Hi Ramesh,It is a very good decision of your's to do masters. As you have mentioned your experience of Hospitality & Tourism you should select the same specialization as you will be enhancing your career in the same field. As you are already working you can do MBA through distance learning mode which will help you to enhance your career along with your job. We do have government approved and DEC approved university. If you are willing to pursue it through distance education kindly contact us on +91 9033001015 or mail us on info@asielacademy.com and we will be sending you all the details pertaining to this course. We will also help you with th... view more
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Suryap2012 | Guide-Level 11

    2011-10-21 15:33:18
    It is definitely better to go with our own interests. If you feel that you are interested in tourism, better to go for relevant courses.Options are1. Post Graduate Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management (PGDTTM) from SMU-DEEligibility: 3 year GraduationDuration:Minimum Duration: 1 year (2 semesters)Maximum Duration: 2 yearsSemester Fee: Rs.12,350/- (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs.950/- & Alumni Fee Rs.100/-) or as revised from time to time.2. PGDBA in HRM from SCDL.Duration and Registration Validity The duration of the PGDBA program is of two years, while the registration is valid for four years. Eligibility Graduate in any discipline, from... view more
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Arvind Joshi | Contributor-Level 9

    2011-10-21 14:41:24
    You should either go for Hospitality & Tourism, or else go for Human Resource Management.

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 71k Colleges
  • 833 Exams
  • 291k Reviews
  • 750k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post