Can one practise law without passing the bar examination?

0 3k Views | Posted 10 months ago
Asked by Anita

  • 3 Answers

  • A

    Answered by

    Anshra Zafar

    8 months ago
    The bar council of India have made it clear that no one can practice law with qualifying the examination of AIBE. It is mandatory for each and every individual to pass the All India Bar Exam in order to practice as an advocate in India.
  • D

    Answered by

    deepika maurya | Guide-Level 15

    9 months ago
    No, Since Qualifying AIBE (All India Bar Exam) is essential to practice law in India. Students cannot practice in a court of law without a Certificate of Practice, issued only after qualifying All India Bar Exam. Students can practice for two years after provisional enrollment but they must be eligible for the All India Bar Exam if they want to appear before the courts. For more information, you may visit the Shiksha All India Bar Exam page. ( I hope this will help you.
  • Shiksha Ask & Answer

    Answered by

    Dinesh upadhyay I am a lawyer, aspiring manager , education enthu | Scholar-Level 16

    10 months ago
    A law graduate is allowed to practise in court provisionally for 2 years after registration in state bar. For getting proper license of practise one has to pass the AIBE exam.

Get authentic answers from experts, students and alumni that you won't find anywhere else

Sign Up on Shiksha

On Shiksha, get access to

  • 61k Colleges
  • 931 Exams
  • 470k Reviews
  • 1100k Answers

Share Your College Life Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?

Search from Shiksha's 1 lakh+ Topics


Ask Current Students, Alumni & our Experts


We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.

Need guidance on career and education? Ask our experts

Characters 0/140

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Add more details

Characters 0/300

The Answer must contain atleast 20 characters.

Keep it short & simple. Type complete word. Avoid abusive language. Next

Your Question


Add relevant tags to get quick responses. Cancel Post